Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I Feel Terribly Terrific Today. Stuck inside a mobile trying not to puke.

Spring Transition Poem #7
by Greg Connors

Standing on a lily-pad with a lollipop and an elephant.
The restless beauty of contrast. Two to tango.
Prudence and a friends cozy-casket-light;
Fading Polaroid photo of reckless behavior.
Saw her face in her car-miles from anywhere a car could get.
I impose this gift on myself.
Dr. Gregory House and Emily Post arm wrestling
inside the milk container
I'm listed on as 'missing child'.
Scratching the surface with clean fingernails (from inside the carton).
"we'll call it a 'draw'".
Square breathing nourishing.
Fading Polaroid of victim and participant.
Her face like a catchers mitt-miles from arena or trash cans.
Emily tells of the rules of re-gifting.
Miles from anywhere I could be driven
This Morning.



compair and repair by greg connors


No comments:

Post a Comment